OccupationWorkers' Compensation, Litigation
- Campbell University School of Law, Raleigh, NC, Juris Doctorate, 2014
- Campbell University, Buies Creek, NC, Bachelor of Business
- Administration, major in Trust and Wealth Management, minor in Financial Planning, 2011
Phone: (336) 316-1190
Eliu F. MendezWorkers' Compensation, Litigation
Eliu’s practice is focused on plaintiffs' workers’ compensation cases and general litigation. Eliu joined A.G. Linett & Associates in the spring of 2015. Prior to joining the firm as an associate, Eliu was a volunteer Assistant District Attorney in the Wake County District Attorney’s Office. Eliu is a native of New Jersey, but grew up in the Piedmont area of North Carolina.
Eliu is double graduate of Campbell University. He graduated from Campbell’s Lundy–Fetterman School of Business with a Bachelor of Business Administration in 2011, and he earned his law degree from Campbell’s Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law in 2014.
In law school, Eliu was Vice-President of the Hispanic Law Student Association and Vice-President of the Trust, Estate Settlement, and Taxation Society. Eliu was also an Articles Editor on the Campbell Law Review. During his 3L year, Eliu was elected as the Chief Justice for the Campbell Honor Court, having also been an elected justice for the two previous years.
During the summer of 2012, Eliu interned with the general counsel of GlaxoSmithKline, a multinational pharmaceutical corporation. The following summer, Eliu interned for Legal Aid of North Carolina, providing comprehensive legal services to immigrant survivors of violence, specializing in U Visas cases.
Eliu gained invaluable legal experience through two Judicial Clerkships. First, clerking for Justice Paul M. Newby of the Supreme Court of North Carolina. Secondly, in Federal Court for Chief Judge Randy D. Doub of the Eastern District of the United States Bankruptcy Court.
Beyond his work at Legal Aid, Eliu has always had a passion for representing and protecting the rights of the immigrant community. Eliu volunteered in the Legal Aid Farmworker Unit’s Witness for Justice program and in the North Carolina Justice Center’s DACA Clinic. Eliu also organized several fundraisers on behalf of the Campbell chapter of the Hispanic Law Student Association to create a scholarship for future interns of Legal Aid’s Battered Immigrant Project.
Eliu is fluent in Spanish and is working hard to put his legal skills and experience to work for the local Greensboro community.
- Wake County District Attorney’s Office, Raleigh, NC
- Wake County Public Defender’s Office, Raleigh, NC
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Wilson, NC
- Legal Aid of North Carolina – Battered Immigrant Project, Raleigh, NC
- Supreme Court of North Carolina, Raleigh, NC
- GlaxoSmithKline | RTP/Durham, NC
- North Carolina, 2014
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- North Carolina 18th Judicial District Bar, Member
- Dropping Dropbox in your Law Practice to Maintain your Duty of Confidentiality, 36 Campbell L. Rev. 175 (2013).